Family & Children
Learn about reconnecting with children after incarceration and other family law issues that can impact people with records.
- “Incarcerated Parents Manual: Legal Rights and Responsibilities” (2015) (Legal Services for Prisoners with Children)
- “Manual on Divorce Issues for People in California Prisons and Jails” (Legal Services for Prisoners with Children)
- “Resource Family Approval (RFA) Toolkit” (Alliance for Children’s Rights/Step Up Coalition)
- “Overview of California’s Parole Consideration Process” (UnCommon Law)
- “Little Children, Big Challenges: Incarceration Toolkit”(Sesame Street)
- “Resource Guide for Teens with a Parent in Prison or Jail” (Project WHAT!)
- Family Counseling and Support Services for Families with Incarcerated Loved Ones: SF Children of Incarcerated Parents; Alameda County Children of Incarcerated Parents; CARES for Youth Calls; Kinship/Foster Family Support Services.
- Free transportation for Children to Visit Parents in Prison (Get On The Bus)
- “R&R Family and Children Toolkit”
Watch videos about advanced topics that go in-depth about family law, child reunification and reentry.